Monday, April 12, 2010

I've been here to long! (but still enjoying it!)

Here's a list of things you know you've been in Korea too long!
  1. Craving rice, I need to eat rice every day.
  2. When I go to make meat into smaller pieces, I look for a pair of long handled scissors.
  3. All of my rock climbing clothing is a shade of pink.
  4. When most of the people you knew 9 months ago, are now in a different country.
  5. You know what time the subways open after being out all night long.
  6. You now carry an umbrella if its cloudy, in the rain and snow.
  7. You buy a huge DSLR camera to fit in.
  8. Your acutely aware of your grammar, and now read every sentence to make sure it's correct. (Even then, my grammar isn't 100% correct!)
  9. You try to study for the GRE and find yourself thinking, "I've heard my parents use that word recently. But can't think of what it means."
  10. When your parents still have a larger vocabulary.
  11. You study for the TESOL.
  12. You laugh now while running and get stared at by the old Koreans.
  13. You can pick out the teachers who've been here longer.
I've been in Korea, now, 14 months. 9 months till I'm off and traveling. Ahh have to save up some more money!

No comments: