Sunday, December 21, 2008

Three Days till the Long Drive

Maybe I’m dense, but it always takes a while before my decisions and their repercussions sink in. Seeking my roommates, Karen and Laura, move out this past weekend brought it to my attention that I’m moving to Denver in a week. There is still so much to do before I leave on Friday, but I’m mostly packed! It took 4 carloads to the Goodwill before I was able to pack all of my things. I’m still finding items that I can give away. If I’m not going to take it to Seoul, and it would take more to ship it then to purchase it later on then I’m getting rid of it.

Snow in hilly Seattle only comes a couple years, but the whole city halts and usually brings people out in groves walking to their favorite restaurant or coffee shop. This past snowstorm, on Sunday, had people wrapping chains in their tires, when there is less then 2 cm of snow on the ground! The usual snow deprived kids were wearing their warmest clothes, grabbing anything that had a smooth bottom to try to slide snow the roads and grassy parks. To my Colorado eyes it was a sad silent cry for more snow and desperation of the winter fun that rarely visits Seattle for more then 2 days per winter.

Karen and I stood out on McGraw watching cars trying to drive up the iced cobble stone road, half would make it but the unfortunate people who went to slow or had 2 wheel drive weren’t able to make it up the short steep hill. By mid afternoon the roads were clear, but many people stayed home on Monday morning because they were scared of the ice.

No comments: